TRAVELING WITH FIREARMS
Importing your firearms into Spain is an easy procedure, very methodical. The formalities are listed in the text below so you won’t get lost. Anyhow, note that we will be assisting you for all the formalities in order to make it easier and succeed in the shortest time.
IF YOU ARE FROM A EU-MEMBER COUNTRY
Traveling in the European Union with guns is easy as long as you have a valid European Firearm Pass. It must be shown at the origin when leaving your country, but also at your arrival when picking up your guns in the Police Station at the airport. This document certifies that your guns are truly yours, so you will be able to move all in the European Union just showing this document. For this reason, and in order to avoid any inconvenience, verify that the gun that you are traveling with is listed in your permit.
Important: According to the Spanish regulations, no ammunition can travel out of Spain in your suitcase. It is mandatory that it travels in a separate hard case with lock (homologated for international transport) different than your gun case. In this way, on a regular trip you will travel with three cases (luggage, gun case and ammunition case). Please, make sure that you bring one with you.
It is also important to know that suppressors or silencers are forbidden in Spain.
IF YOU COME FROM THE UNITED STATES
- First of all, get in contact to your closest Spanish Consulate or the one assigned to your state. Click here to find a list. Advise the officers about your intention to go in Spain on a hunting trip with your own firearms and wait for their instructions. They will provide you a form to fill up with some personal information and the details of your hunt, that we will kindly provide you. Nevertheless, as each consulate is used to use its own forms, we will appreciate very much that you forward us these documents in order to give you our better assistance.
- Besides the forms, you will be asked to provide a notarized copy of your passport and a notarized copy of your American hunting license, probably translated into Spanish. If you need a translator, we will provide you one.
- On our hand, we will provide you some extra documents to be attached with the others. They are a letter of invitation of our company, your local hunting licenses and a liability insurance, that will be needed to prove that you will be participating on a legal hunt.
- About 15 days after delivering these documents, the Spanish Consulate will provide you a certificate allowing you to bring your guns and hunting in Spain. Please, be so kind to send us a copy and don’t forget to bring the original on your trip!
- Once landed in Spain, note that your guns will not be coming by the regular luggage belt, but they need to be collected at the Police Station. For this reason, we welcome you at the hall to assist you to collect your guns.
Important: According to the Spanish regulations, no ammunition can travel out of Spain in your suitcase. It is mandatory that it travel in a separate hard case with lock (homologated for international transport) different than your gun case. In this way, on a regular trip you will travel with three cases (luggage, gun case and ammunition case). Please, make sure that you bring one with you.
- It is also important to know that suppressors or silencers are forbidden in Spain.
IF YOU COME FROM ANY OTHER NON-UE MEMBER COUNTRY:
The process may not differ from the US citizens. Please, let us know your origin and we will let you know the Spanish Consulate or Embassy that is closer to you.